Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This is Paradise...


            So I’ve been home in good old Paradise for a few weeks now.  I will soon be leaving to start my South African adventure but before that I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share a little about this place called Paradise and my adventure to come.
            Paradise is a small town in Northern California, just 10 miles east of Chico.  The town is built up on a ridge between two canyons.  Which makes for gorgeous views and fun trips to the rivers, which lay at the bottom of those canyons.  I love how green it is in Paradise, especially after moving away I’ve realized how blessed I was to grow up in the midst of such forestry.  

There are so many things about this town that I just absolutely love and I couldn’t be happier to call Paradise my home.  The small-town feel of the community, the beautiful nature surrounding the town, the heat of the summer, and the cold of the winter; there’s just so much I could go on and on about.  However the point of this blog is not to brag about Paradise but to talk about my Life After Paradise.
Since graduating high school and moving to Southern California, I’ve done quite a bit of traveling and I have a feeling there will be lots more to come (at least I hope so!).  It can often be difficult while traveling to find the time to update everyone on how my trip is going and what recent adventures I’ve been on, so a blog makes perfect sense.  So starting now I will be using this blog to update all my friends and family around the globe on my adventures… around the globe. 
Beginning with South Africa!  I will be leaving on my adventure to South Africa in 8 days and am absolutely thrilled, yet also nervous.  I’m studying abroad in South Africa with about 50 students from my school and we will be there for 4 months.  I’ve never been to Africa before and it's been about 15 years since I've been out of the country for more than 2 months, so it’s all a bit new and nerve wrecking, yet so so exciting!   This will be quite an adventure for me and I can’t wait for you all to see just what God has in store.  Stay tuned throughout the months and you’ll likely see me bungee jumping, shark cage diving, and much much more, plus you’ll hopefully learn a bit about this country known as South Africa.  Now time to get back to packing :-/
God Bless,
Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment